I’m a stay at home mom of three littles, wife, sewist of quilts and other beautiful things, runner, gardener, yogi, and all in all lover of life. With three little kids, my only sewing time is after bedtime. Thus the night quilter was born. This blog is all about my stitching: both quilting and occasional knitting projects, as well as the creation of my own patterns, teaching gigs, and photography.
Sign up to receive email updates from me HERE.
I’ve posted a few blog posts along the way introducing myself further, so if you want to know more about me, my quilting journey, my other hobbies, and even some random facts, check out:
I’ve also been interviewed (*blush*), which you can read here:
- Meet the Night Quilter on Angie’s blog Gnome Angel
- Night Quilter Finds the Time to Sew on Leslie’s blog The Seasoned Homemaker
- Aurifil Photography Interview on the Auribuzz blog
- Aurifil Color Crush Interview on the Auribuzz blog
I’ve been a guest on quilting podcasts:
I have been featured in or contributed to:
- Amy Butler’s Blossom Magazine no.3 (Quilt photography)
- Make Modern Magazine Issue 7 (pattern + cover)
- The Quilter’s Planner 2016 (pattern)
- Love, Patchwork and Quilting Issue 44 (pattern + cover)
- The Quilter’s Planner 2017 (Quilt photography)
- Make Modern Magazine Issue 16 (Quit Theory feature)
- Patriotic Modern book by Carole Lyles Shaw (Quilt Photography – affiliate link)
- The Quilter’s Planner 2018 (Quilt Photography)
- The Quilter’s Planner 2019 (Quilt Photography & pattern)
- American Quilter Sept 2019 (Article, pattern, & photography)
- The Quilter’s Planner 2020 (Quilt Photography)
- The Quilter’s Planner 2021 (Quilt Photography)
- Aurifil website photography
- OLFA Handtools – Craft website photography
I designed a really fun English Paper Piecing pattern called Pollinate, with Karen the DIY Addict, so be sure to check it out here. Or you can join the Pollinate EPP Garden Party group on Facebook for fun and support.
I curated a gorgeous selection of 50wt Aurifil thread in a collection called Color Crush. If you’re a shop, be sure to stock it via Checker distributors or Aurifil directly. Check out more in my blog post here.
Browse my Patterns on Payhip:
Kittysheartofnature.com is my first blog, written about whatever moves me… good food, attachment parenting, yoga, crafting, inspirations, and everyday miracles. It is currently lost in the interweb but it holds fond memories.